We understand that dogs are part of the family and why would you want to leave them behind?
Here at Compton Pool, we are dog friendly: 5 out of 10 of our cottages are dog friendly. We are in a superb location for you to holiday with your dog.
We are very happy to welcome well behaved dogs. Your dog(s) must not be left alone with free run of the property. If you have a puppy please take extra care. They will chew the furniture or soft furnishings here in our 5-star cottages! Maintaining our grading is key to our business and we can’t always repair things, it has to be replaced. Reimbursement for any damage caused by your dog will be your responsibility.
Dog Friendly Cottages
The Farmhouse – accepts a maximum of 2 dogs.
Torr Cottage – accepts a maximum of 2 dogs.
Wray Cottage – accepts a maximum of 2 dogs.
Kester Cottage – accepts a maximum of 2 dogs.
Crazywell Cottage – accepts a maximum of 1 dog.
We do make a nominal charge of £50 per dog per stay, but there is no charge for assistance dogs (if you are uncertain if your dog qualifies, please see the Assistance Dogs UK website – they usually have official doggy ID!).
We also require a refundable dog deposit of £150.00 per cottage (£250.00 for The Farmhouse) for any damages incurred in the cottage. This will be refunded within 5-7 days after your departure.
Around the Estate
On arrival, and at all other times, your dog(s) must be kept on the lead in and around the courtyard and Orchard Playground, this means keeping them on the lead when you first set out for your walk.
Please also keep your dog under control around the other properties (you may need to keep them on a lead at the start of your walk, until you get to field or lakes). Please also make sure you close any gates behind you.
There may well be other dogs and children staying in the other cottages. Please exercise caution when with your dog around the estate. We want to make sure that everyone has a happy holiday, so your cooperation is appreciated. All of
the cottages have either a fully enclosed garden, so the dog can be outside with you while you enjoy your morning coffee or a G&T in the afternoon, without you having to worry about them running off.
Poop patrol! When taking your dog(s) for a walk, please pick up after them including in our fields, as these are open to all guests. We provide free poop bags and a dedicated poop bins in each cottage so please use them. And remember to take bags with you to the beach and on walks. You musts also pick up all poops in the Orchard Playgound, where the children run and play.
If any dog is persistently causing nuisance or distress to other guests, we reserve the right to ask the owner to leave.
The Countryside Code provides sensible rules for anybody (dog owners or not) using the countryside, such as not leaving litter, leaving gates as you find them, and not disturbing farm animals.
There are 76 beaches where dogs are allowed in Devon and a further 36 beaches, where dogs are restricted.
Many beaches welcome dogs all year (green umbrella icon), and others only from September to April/May (red umbrella icon), so do click on either The Beach guide or Tor Bay Harbour to check details on the individual beach. This is only a guide – please do check on the exact dates.
Please take care on the beach if your dog is eating seaweed – it can expand in the dog’s stomach and then swell up and cause a gastric blockage.
Restaurants and Pubs
Click on the (fork and knife icon) on the map and these are our recommended restaurants and pubs that are dog friendly.
Recommended Veterinary Practice
Molecare Veterinary Practice
22 Battle Road, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 6RY
Tel: 01626 835 002
Kingsteignton Veterinary Practice
21 Gestridge Road, Kingsteignton,Newton Abbot, TQ12 3EZ
Tel: 01626 354 260
Click the slider icon below to activate map filters
We just wanted to remind you of some of our code of conduct for dogs at Compton Pool:
· Dogs are only permitted in your cottage (They must not go into another cottage as we do have guests who are allergic to dog hairs and not all cottages accepts dogs). Dogs are not permitted in any of the bedrooms. They are allowed on sofas only when covered with a throw.
· Please do not leave you dog(s) unattended in the cottage, if you are out for the day.
· Please keep your dog(s) on the lead within the main areas of the complex, especially in The Orchard playground as there will be farm animals and children around. They can be off the lead in our front field or by the lakes.
· All dog waste must be cleared up (even in the fields) and disposed of in our general waste refuse, which is located in the main car park or other outdoor bins.
· Please inform us of all damages incurred in the cottage(s) and there will be a charge for the damage.
· When you bring a muddy dog back from a walk, please clean them off using the outside taps or The Muddy Daddy (if provided) and the cream canine towels provided. On no account use the white towels provided for human use.
· Please ensure that the cottage is clean and free from dog hair before you leave.
· Most Importantly: We are in an area that has red soil/mud. Please clean/wash and dry down your dog prior to entering your cottage. Should the red soil/mud get on our bedding and towels, this will not come out and i am afraid that there will be a damage charge.
We are pleased to supply you with items for your favourite family member(s).
1 – Dog basket and cushion
2 – 2 x Dog food and water bowl with rubber mat
3 – Dog Lead
4 – Poo bag holder (with light) and an additional Poo bag roll (just in case) – if
you require more, please do let us know.
5 – 2 x Fleece blankets to cover the sofa
6 – 2 x Bath Towels – For muddy Paws
7 – Microfibre Drying Glove Mitt
8 – Pet Stain & Odour remover for carpets (for any little accidents)
9 – Torch – For your evening dog walks
10 – Dog Toy – Just for a little distraction
11 – Doggy carrier bag – please on your day of departure, place the dirty dog
towels/mitt and blanket in this bag)
We would really appreciate if all the items are placed back in the box on your departure day for the next doggy guest to enjoy.
Should you require a mop and bucket, these can be found in the cupboards in the laundry room. (Unfortunately, we do not have enough space to store these in the cottages.)
We have a secure 1.5-acre dog walking field which you can walk your dog off the lead or around our lake area.